Moving house can be one of the most stressful things you can do, but with a little forward planning you can ensure you’re not tearing your hair out on the day.
Roman James Estates have provided you with a short list of things to do to make life that little bit easier:
- Label all boxes with which room they’re due to go to, and a description of what’s inside. Put these labels on the top and side of the box so you know what’s inside when they’re stacked.
- Put screws and bolts from bits of furniture in freezer bags and stick it to the relevant bit of furniture with tape. This makes life a lot easier when re-assembling those wardrobes.
- Flatten cardboard boxes and lay them down to protect your flooring.
- It’s always a good idea to move your furniture into the new house first, otherwise you’ll end up moving boxes around again to make room.
- Make sure there are lightbulbs in all the rooms, the last thing you want is to have to go to the shops mid-move or not notice until suddenly it’s too dark.
Taking the extra time on these small bits of preparation could save you time and lower the stress levels on the big day.